Sunday, June 14, 2015

An unpredictable quest, a mysterious experiment

"Go on an unpredictable quest that will free your trapped vitality, or try a mysterious experiment that will awaken your sleeping magic.  P.S. For best results, ask for help every step of the way." 
Rob Brezsny

I decided to apply this fantastical advice from one of my favorite authors, to the entire Wakarusa festival experience.  Who wouldn't want to free trapped vitality and awaken sleeping magic?!  I did.  I do. 
                   
My quest was to show up to every moment with the inner knowing that my energy, responses, actions, etc could effect those around me in benevolent ways.  The mysterious experiment was to see if, by focusing on this intention throughout the entire festival experience, the results could be palpable - seen, felt, experienced in a tangible way.   

photo credit:  Brandi Emley

I did feel vitality and magic throughout my time here on Spirit Mountain.  I did experience extraordinary connections with others.  I was moved by music written with what seemed to have the same intention - to impact others in a beneficial way.  I laughed, I cried, I danced, I lived in each miraculous moment with gratitude.  Of course, it would be hard to prove whether this came from my quest/experiment, the mountain or just being surrounded by so much beauty(flora, fauna, people, music).    I imagine it was combination of all those things and more. 

photo credit:  Brandi Emley

I do know this, it was thrilling to give myself a secret adventure to go on.  A secret adventure within an audacious adventure - Wakarusa.  I think I'll try it again, soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment