Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Five Years From Now

December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? I love this type of exercise.  I once threw a "Come As You Will Be in Five Years" Party.  I invited my friends to step into their future selves in appearance and with props that showed who they would be in five years.  2012 will be the five year mark of that party, and I'm very curious to look back at our goals and see how far we've come.  It was such a fun evening.  A limo picked us up and drove us around while we talked about who we had become in those five years.  The limo then pulled up to the curb of Circa 1900 with red carpet directing us into the restaurant.  There were paparazzi and fans cheering us on as we made our way up the red carpet.  While we had dinner, the mayor had a bottle of wine delivered to us.  Here are pictures of that evening!
If I were to now look five years ahead.  The year would be 2015.  I would tell myself to make sure that I enjoy the next five years.  To wake up each morning and say "Today is the day that matters, the day with the greatest potential for accomplishment".  To move forward, challenging myself to live the life I've always dreamed.  There is no other time then now.  




No comments:

Post a Comment