Monday, January 22, 2018

A 5 State Wonder

We'll have sauntered through 5 states in our travels today.  Woke up in Georgia, Alabama for our morning drive, lunch in Mississippi and driving through a corner of Tennessee, right now.  The rest of our day and night will be in Arkansas.  We snap pictures of the signs when we can.  It's funny that the Tennessee sign is blurry in this collage, because we're feeling less than clear at the moment.
In our average day on the road, we can go through the gamut of emotions.  From easy like Sunday morning to white knuckled driving and murphy's law hounding our diesel stops.  Just a minute ago we sat at an intersection in Memphis through at least 6 light changes.  The state signs above summarize our day of driving perfectly:  Alabama was a cloudy but easy morning, Mississippi gave us a lunch break and smooth clear travels and Tennessee has caught us feeling a bit cranky.  The good news is, we won't be here long...in Tennessee nor in this mood.  That's one of the great things about life, it's always changing.  When I find myself feeling discomfort, distress or just not my best, I know that it's only temporary.  It will pass.  All things do.  Voila!  I haven't even finished this blog post and we have already shed our grumpy moods (breaking free from the traffic in Memphis).  Just like that, we can let it go.  By the way, Tennessee doesn't make us cranky, I love this state and all my friends and family in it.    It's never the state or situation, its how I choose to see what I'm experiencing.  My perspective determines what I experience.
Speaking of viewpoints, here's a glimpse into our little world when we travel.  In this particular pic, today, Captain had to be bribed to get up from his napping position.  I'm pointing to a treat waiting for him on the dash.  Below, you see our view through a travel-worn windshield, the welcome of yet another state!
We've covered major ground today, states of America or states of mind, we are intrepid travelers.



No comments:

Post a Comment