Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Quest Lives On

Gazing out of the window of my family's home in Cary, NC while millions of busy little snow flakes fall from the sky only to vanish once they touch earth.  Vanish or a transmutation?  It appears as if they vanish, but on closer inspection, they're just changing to a different form of water.  Changes happening all around us in every moment, yet it's easy to miss the magic abounding!

It's a new year and it seems there is something different in the air.  Yes, the new year is always a fresh start but I'm feeling a knowing deep in my bones.  It's a knowing and an ease, like I've come to a graduation of sorts.  A graduation of a passage in life school.  I feel a determination and a confidence in proceeding forward, letting go of all that no longer serves me.  Self-sabotaging patterns, namely.

I began this blog in 2010 and I find myself still wanting to share the quest I described then:
From Profile
"I'm here to chronicle this odyssey called life.  My plan is to remind myself every day to be present in my decisions, for they take me on my next adventure.  I hope to become more aware and possibly help others through this journey."
Much has changed since 2010, so much growth, so many adventures and so much love in between but the desire to share this quest we are all on has remained.  If you look at the history of this blog, you will see spurts of inspiration.  A post here and there throughout the years but nothing consistent.  I would feel the creative spark and the enthusiasm to share and just as quickly as that candle was lit, a  doubtful gust would blow it out.  The difference I feel in this moment is a confidence in my ability to move through these patterns that have stopped me in my tracks in the past.  I've been practicing, honing this ability since January 1st.  When describing this new and improved me to my close friends, I've said, "Mama's got a new bag of tools and she's not afraid to use them.".

I've decided I'm going to post here daily.  One day it may be a post like this, another day it may be a video like yesterday, some days it may just be a picture with a few words and who knows what else may come about.  I have the desire and will follow it through and let it evolve as it goes.  I don't know what it will all look like but that's thrilling in itself.

Since I began typing this blog post, the snow has changed yet again.  At that time, the snow flakes were dissolving to water when they made contact with the Earth.  Now, they are enduring as a sparkling blanket of snow on the ground.  I'm gonna do the same!  I'll flow, change and adapt each and every day but I'll also endure.  Transformations and steadfastness, movement in stillness, the ebb and flow of daily life with a dedication to be here now, with you.  Are you feeling similar stirrings?


2 comments: