Saturday, January 27, 2018

Landscapes of Life

We are all so precious.  I'm sitting here relishing this place.  This place - where I am in the United States - in this beautiful rv park - on the couch snuggled with my little guy, Cap, and most of all, where I am in my mind, my thoughts...this place of being at ease, at peace with all that is.  I am not always here, at ease.  For instance, yesterday was a bit rough getting into Vegas.  Had to jump through a few hoops, Greg became very sick and I had a headache that wouldn't go away.  Today, Greg's feeling slightly better, my headache is fading and the sun is shining outside (and inside me).  We are all so precious, exactly where we are in every moment, whether that moment is vibrant in happiness or dull in discomfort.  Whatever we are feeling or experiencing is leading our way, especially if we are willing to be there with ourselves.

Be there, sweetly with ourselves when we are feeling down.  Be there, exuberantly with ourselves when we are feeling joy.  Each place is pointing towards something essential, towards growth, towards being even more present in this precious life of ours.  It helps to know, we're all here together, we all experience these places - joy, sadness and everything in between.  I read a beautiful post earlier from a friend, Anna Loza that helped me "be there with myself", with what I was feeling, because she shared bravely about where she was, in that moment.  I believe life is always giving us these exquisite clues, helpful hints and ways to see even more beauty.  Anna's tender and powerful share, reminded me that we are all navigating our way through life, all of us experiencing the peaks of this wondrous world, and also sometimes the valleys, the caves, the lowlands.  Each landscape has something for us, if we pay attention and open up to how much each day has to offer.  Thank you to Anna and to other's, like Shanti Zimmerman, who lead the way in courageously being at ease with ourselves, even when "ease" is not what we might be feeling in that moment.  Thank you for reminding us all how precious, however we are feeling in each moment, is.
Current Snuggle Blog Session
Out walking in our new neighborhood

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this sweet and tender post. I'm so honored to be a part of this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Anna! Thank you for sharing your journey, as well. As you know, it's definitely impacted me. As I was rereading this post, I realized I could have hyperlinked your website to your name. I'm going to do that now! I'm just getting started with whatever this virtual journey is and figuring it out as I go. More links and connections is the ticket! Hope to see you at some point in our travels. Let me know if you come West. I'll be here until first of June. xoxoxxoooo

      Delete