Sunday, January 28, 2018

Adventures in Grocery Shopping

Last night, the Moon and Sunset showing off.  
One of the many little things I love about living this nomadic life is the adventure of grocery shopping.  I love exploring a city in this mundane but magical way.  Who will I meet?  What will the place I buy the nutritious morsels look like?  I just pictured myself exploring a labyrinth.  Each city gives me a unique journey to go on, in something as simple as grocery shopping.  This life of travel really satisfies the "mythic hero on a quest" in me.  I get to navigate new terrains continuously while doing ordinary things, like running errands.
See!!  UFO's in my coffee!  And I got a free bag while shopping.  Adventure and Abundance!
During most of my voyages into world of errand running, I'll find a local coffeeshop in the route.  Mythic heroines need magical balms from time to time.  😜  To my delight, beside the Trader Joe's near my new home is this otherworldly coffeeshop, Mothership.  Their extra-terrestrial-ordinary coffee earned a donation to their UFO research.    You know it's been a good mission when you receive unexpected gifts at checkout (bag above gifted to me by the cashier at the Natural Grocers down the road).  Another nerdy but fun tidbit about being a nomad, is getting to be a member of libraries all over the country (I believe my friend,  Rachel Rowell taught me this great travel tip).  All I have to do is show the library that I'm living in a rv park in their area and I have access to the world of books and other treasures.  Since Greg and I are spending the weekend recuperating and letting our bodies heal, I thought I would pop into the library down the street and pick us up some movies (that you can't find in redox) and books to keep us entertained.  I know this isn't what most people would do upon arriving to Las Vegas. 😆  I'm sure we will get into your average Vegas escapade in the near future, but for now, this is our perfection.
Delicious Wisdom
Oh, another little perk in the everyday life of a wanderer, is having many different views while chore running.  
Driving around Vegas
This is only the beginning.  Starting out small but still epic in it's own way, like this sunset from inside our rv park.  I can not WAIT to find the sweet spots of the desert to take in the enchanted hour of dawn and dusk, but for now, I will enjoy what is in my backyard.  Looking forward to sharing how this extraordinary journey unfolds.  Here's to all of us finding the extraordinary in our ordinary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment