Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Finding Consistency


The last two years have been illuminating for a part of my life.  It started with deciding to do a triathlon with my co-workers, it was a decision that meant I would need to consistently train for a certain period of time.  Throughout my life this was something I thought I was incapable of... doing something consistent for long periods of time.  Even though I never considered myself consistent, I've always been dependable (I even won most dependable in high school =).  Hmmm...I thought those two characteristics went hand in hand.  Well, in the last two years I have discovered my consistency!!  Here is the group of us who trained together for our first triathalon.  We are all about to do another one in two weeks.  

The reason I am talking all this "consistent" talk is because that's what it takes to write every day.  This blog has strengthened my belief in my(consistent)self.  It was yet another triumph to prove that I can do what ever I set my mind to.  The blog and triathlon are not the only ways I've challenged my consistency.  I trained hard for a half-marathon I ran in Nov. 09.  I made a decision to only read classic books in 2009 and did it.  This year I decided to track everything (finances, work, fitness, etc).  It has been incredibly gratifying to realize I can improve on something in my life that I considered a weakness.  While you are trying to strengthen your weaknesses it is important to acknowledge and use your strengths.  One of my strengths has been my Fergitude.  

Wow!  This blog has not only helped me work on my weaknesses but has also employed my strengths.  

 

1 comment:

  1. And helped others in the process. There really is no stopping you :)

    ReplyDelete