Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Warm and Fuzzy...I mean Sunny

Yes, today was another exquisite day and I did take advantage as I promised.  I ran 3 miles by 6:30am in my new shoes to break them in for the upcoming triathlon (this weekend) and the half-marathon (next weekend).  I rode my sleek and swift road bike to my appointments for the day.  Got a massage to prepare my body for the endurance challenges coming up.  Entered a contest to win a trip to Ireland!  While strolling through the isles of the grocery store with a tasty coffee in hand, I discovered the forbidden rice.  Made myself a nutritious dinner of rotisserie chicken and forbidden rice.  I'm making sure I get plenty of protein and carbs for the races.  Watched Kill Bill Volume 2 (Uma Thurman rocks) with my hunk of a husband and the lovable pup, Captain.  Below is a picture of me and my sleek and swift road bike.  This was taken the week before my first triathlon Sept 09.



A day is not complete when I haven't been able to really connect with another human being.  Today had an abundance of magnificent connections.  I can't tell you enough of how these exchanges are what drive me on regular basis.  Not just the warm and fuzzy exchanges but the ones that take work and figuring out problems.  It's the happy ones and the sad ones.  It's being there for someone and vice versa.  Maybe you could just call me sentimental, but I believe it is what makes the world go round.  It's living your life with love, respect and understanding of yourself and everyone/everything around you.  It doesn't mean that living in this way guarantees happiness at all times, but I've found that it is a very fulfilling way to live life.  Plus when you give freely of those things they find their way back to you...and then some.

What better way to spend a warm and sunny day with the "warm and fuzzies".

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah feeling warm and fuzzy. Love, respect and understanding, especially in a world where so much is misunderstood, we must create those.
    Passed Sinead's after downtown so I know where it is now. Big kiss, and don't forget how to swirl your tea, from 12o'clock to 6 o'clock and no tinking. ;)

    ReplyDelete