Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Lovely Weekend

As I mentioned yesterday I've been looking forward to this weekend.  The chance to see good friends.  To celebrate a dear friend's baby shower.  Greg helped Dad and Mike by bringing the ice machine from Wilmington to Ferguson's.  Found out that my brother Mike and my nephew Tripp just a race!  Seeing my Dad in such a frisky mood is contagious.  The rest of the weekend has been time with my in-laws.  Listening to my father-in-law play a bluesy tune on the guitar.  A nice family walk with the dogs.   We watched Alice in Wonderland  which was vividly portrayed with fantastic characters and costumes.  I felt it lacked the substance of plot that I was craving.  Next we had a delicious family dinner with even more family over for dessert and coffee.

Now we're back in Wilmington (just walked through the door).  I really enjoyed this weekend obviously.  I feel I've been able to experience it in such another level because of my blog.  I've found I'm much more observant and contemplative about what I observe.  For instance, in each segment of my journey from Wilmington, to St. Pauls, to Cary I was able to not only enjoy myself but appreciate/observe the disposition of all my friends and family around me.

I plan to explain this more thoroughly tomorrow.  It's almost 12am and my brain is telling me it is time to go to sleep!

4 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean. Blogging definitely helps us be more "present" - ironic, since we're thinking of what we'll write about later! LOL!

    Scrapbooking does the same thing for me. I capture a lot more photos, in a more meaningful way because I'm thinking about specific pages I want to be able to do and look at later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlene! That is a good point about the scrapbooking. You just helped me bring another thought out into the open. The fact that I write and remind myself to be more conscious on a daily basis can not help but make it a much stronger habit in my subconscious. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our brain relearns how to create memory, by thinking about what you will remember while in the present, done by your blogging or by Charlene's scrapbooking. Our brain creates new neural paths in the frontal cortex (forehead) like a habit, that it then recognizes over and over. The same part of the brain that helps with decision making. It's cool!

    ReplyDelete