Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Big Love

What better day to contemplate self-worth and letting our heart guide us, than Valentine's Day.  The next few posts will be discussions or writings about the important (to me) riddle answers from the treasure quest.   Yesterday, I wrote a little about the recurring picture themes that were hidden in the treasure hunt - trees, light and a compass (our inner guidance).  I promised I would expound more on trees and light and how they dazzle me and I will soon.  Today, I wanted to write about the riddle answers from day one and two - Confidence and Heart.

Knowing your own self-worth and listening to your heart for guidance.  

Today is a interesting day.  It's loved by many and loathed by maybe as many.  I personally love any reason to celebrate.  I also love inclusion.  For some, the reason they may dislike this heart-full day is because they don't feel included in it.  It is "advertised" as a day about couples.  Those who may consider themselves "single" may feel left out.  Who wants to be left out on a day in your life!?  No one.  

I would like to propose a new way to see Valentine's Day that will delight any and everyone, no matter who you are.  What if Valentine's Day reminded us all to, first, love ourselves immensely and what comes as a result, is abundance of love in EVERY other relationship.  When we know our own self-worth, love ourselves for exactly who we are and who we are becoming, that sweetness can not help but draw to us even more love.  


What if when we saw February 14th on the calendar, we saw a big ole' love fest day that began with filling ourselves with so much love that it overflowed onto the people in our lives.  No matter where you stood in your life, you would feel the love and be a beacon to love to everyone.  It would begin with the cupid arrow into our own heart and flow from there to the loves of our lives.  

I think when we cultivate and nurture the relationship with our own heart this automatically impacts and inspires the relationships we have with others.  I'm sure most have read the quotes and literature that explains that we can only love others to the extent we love ourselves.  And just like other relationships in our lives, it's a journey, we are constantly learning how to love ourselves.  

Confidence and Heart.  Those were the riddle answers in the first two days of the treasure hunt and it is uncanny how well they go together.  Knowing our self-worth comes when we make it a priority to love ourselves, to understand ourselves.    To be un-afraid to revel in our gifts and strengths and to be patient and kind with what we consider our weaknesses.  Our heart has much wisdom for us if we take the sacred time to listen.  When I say heart, I mean the part of us that holds our hopes, dreams, purpose and so much more.  It's place in us, that when we tune into it, it will lead us home.  When I say our heart is our truest guide, I mean it whispers in a powerful way the  unique purpose we are here for.  It lets us know through it's own language, where to go.  


Today, I give myself big love!  Today, I give my friends and family big love!  And today, I definitely will give my darling, Greg, big love.  



No comments:

Post a Comment