Friday, February 16, 2018

Embracing the Gifts of Life

When I look at this picture, I see two luminous souls lit up with love for each other.  It's my Mom on the right and her sister, Goldie on the left.  Both have already moved on from the world as we know it, but their powerful presences in my life have not.

I am filled to the brim with love, emotion and adoration, as I stare at this image.  I chose this picture to talk about the powerful act of receiving.  Both of these extraordinary women, in this picture, were taking in, basking, receiving the immense love for each other.  It's the most beautiful thing.  Heart to heart.  So much joy.  Nothing else matters, in that moment.  Goldie's sparkling eyes and sunshine smile, Mom's titanic embrace and the look of pure love on her face.  I've almost lost myself in this moment, caught in time.  What was I talking about?  Receiving.  Receiving love, help, guidance, gifts, answers.  There's an abundance of life's wonders waiting to be embraced by us.

The simple yet powerful act of receiving can sometimes elude us.  Why?  Oh, I believe there are many reasons.  We don't think we deserve it, we're too busy to notice what's being offered, we think it might make us look weak, we'll lose control...  Have no fear, we can easily remedy any of these.  All we have to do is be aware.  Take a moment.  Breathe.  Look around.  Open ourselves to the gifts the world around us, is beaming our way.

In the beginning of the treasure quest I held, I thought it was all about me giving.  I would write treasure filled posts each day, offering riddles to be solved and in the end, send mystery gift packages to the winners.  What I noticed, when I took a moment to see the beauty unfolding, that I was the one receiving a treasure.  I received invaluable feedback about life.  My life.  Life in general.  There's so much more to this topic.  As with most of my posts, they are "to be continued" stories.  I will touch on this again and again until I feel I've explored it with the depth it deserves.

PS...the mystery, magical treasure packages will be in route soon.

To all who find yourself here, reading these words, thank you for being.  It's been an honor to receive you in this sacred place.


2 comments:

  1. Nichole, I am the one who must thank you for sharing; not only the precious images of Linda and Goldie, but for giving your thoughts and love in this post. Yes it is a treasure that I am so honored to receive, and I shall always cherish the love you give! �� ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I am receiving your love fully right now. I appreciate, cherish, honor your sacred words. My heart is lit up!!

    ReplyDelete