Sunday, February 18, 2018

Secret Passageways

The hidden image in day four of the treasure quest, was a key.  One of the definitions I found for the word "key" was, "provides a means of gaining access to or the understanding of something".  I used the word "portal" on that day, too.  Portal:  a doorway, gate or entrance; providing access.  To me, a portal is the access to a world previously unknown.   I see the image of a keyhole as an exciting symbol of both the portal and the key.  These magical keyholes illustrate moments in life that provide gateways to insight, wisdom, growth and understanding.

One of my favorite things is finding these portals.  When I shared day four's treasure quest post on Facebook, I described it as a "quest within a quest within a quest".  I was realizing by this point that the treasure quest was so much more than I had planned on.  It began as a fun endeavor I was leading others on (quest - I)), turned out I was also on an important pilgrimage myself (within a quest - II) and there were portals along the way if I was open to receiving the key (within a quest - III).

One of the hidden portals during this quest was a passageway into understanding what I would need on the most sacred excursion of my life.  The key that I needed, in order to gain access to this hidden passageway, was the very answers of my own riddles - self-worth, listening to my heart, remembering to open myself to receive the gifts that life wants to give.  A quest within a quest within a quest.

I believe these portals and their keys are all around, waiting for us to open our eyes to them.

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."  W.B. Yeats
Greg and I found this treasure in Nashville, Tennessee for our sixth year anniversary gift of iron in 2015.
This portal travels with us wherever we go.  







No comments:

Post a Comment