Saturday, February 20, 2010

All Around the World

Same Song....  That was a Digital Underground lyric.

There is so much that I could passionately write in this blog with some of the subjects that will be presented.  The thing is...I'm exhausted.  What I will do is give a brief overview of how I went "all around the world" today.  I'll save the passion for later.

I began the day with a mock practice session of two segments of the triathlon coming up in a few weeks.  Ten of us met at UNCW around 8:30am to bike/run the Azalea Triathlon course.  My "just keep swimming" partner told me I must include in my blog, the dance move we performed in the middle of the run.  The route for the 5K has you turn around after 1.55 miles.  There just happened to be a pole at this midpoint.  Inspired by the tri-member in front of me (no names to protect the innocent) I swirled around the pole like it was my swing partner and so did she.  Makes me wish there were a race out there that had a "dancing" segment to it's triathlon.

Around lunch, I found out that UNCW was having it's Intercultural Festival.  Immediately I had the urge to go...so I did.  The highlights:  got to see Paco Strickland (I'll elaborate more on his talent in another post) strum his magical Flamenco Guitar, had my name written in Japanese, Arabic and Greek, ran into a few friends including a fellow athlete and a friend from Turkey, ate some Finnish chocolate, and participated in a wonderful Tribal African dance (so much could go here in fantastic details of the dance).  In between those things I traveled to many other countries that were represented in the Burney Center.  After exploring all these countries, I got to catch up with my friend Niki.  I met her and a childhood friend of hers at the Arboretum.  I got to hear stories of them growing up in the United Kingdom together while being surrounded by the natural beauty found in our Arboretum.

Next I rushed off to Carolina Beach to show property to clients.  While I was there I stopped by our office and made appointments for other clients I will working with tomorrow.  With a little time in between I stopped to get a coffee and to tour the Fat Pelican.  I had not been there since college.  It's a local haunt that everyone loves that has evolved through the years.

Now I am here with you wishing I had the stamina to give you the descriptive justice this adventure really deserves.  I'll just have to make it up in the next post!  Hope your weekend is just as satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment