Sunday, February 7, 2010

Embrace Your Hurricane

I chose this title with some caution.  Sometimes when I'm writing my blog I have these pangs of guilt.  In this case the title caused a little discomfort in my belly when thoughts of the aftermath of Katrina, the destruction in Haiti, and other natural disasters flashed into my mind.  I want you to know that the hurricane I am referring to is a way to figuratively describe when life seems to be swirling around you .  While I'm at it, I also realize I'm speaking from 31 years of a very fortunate life and am humbled by the millions who have endured challenges I have not faced.

I've digressed...back to embracing my hurricane.  Have you ever had so much going on that you feel there is a hurricane swirling all the elements of your life swiftly around you?  You feel disoriented, exhilarated, pressed, fearful, stunned, eager, bedazzled.  I was feeling this surge of emotions when I first sat down to write to you(which may have come from the closing of a very momentous week).  There are so many great things going on in my life, that I was starting to worry about giving them all the attention they deserve.  Then I grounded myself with fergitude.  It was writing to you that brought me back to this awareness.  So now, I have stopped to appreciate, honor and savor this whirlwind of abundance.  There is no rush.  Everything that is here in my life is because I chose it.  Oh yes, every day is my adventure.  Let me remember to enjoy it, instead of rushing through.  That was simple.  Ahhhh...I feel better.

So now...onto the next stop in my adventure.  It will include:  oysters, wings, brownies(I'm packin') creative commercials, good jokes, great conversations and maybe a cold one or two.  Yes...it's Super Bowl Time.  Just so you know...I chose to write to you before I took off to the Super Bowl parties.  Sure that might mean I'm a nerd, but I'm okay with that.  Oh... where our decisions will lead us next in our expedition.  That is exciting to even think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment