Saturday, February 13, 2010

Light Up My Life

You do.  My Dad does.  Snow in Wilmington(never happens) does.  Hope does.

"You Light Up My Life" I use to play that on the piano when I was little and sing it occasionally to unsuspecting people.  A few things have lit up my life since my last post.

  • Seeing my Dad bouncing around Ferguson's yesterday.
The first thing he did when Greg and I sauntered into Fergie's was come out of the kitchen to give me this spine rattling hug(I believe I have whiplash).  Through out lunch he continued to skip around slinging Fergie Burgers while hollering and joking with anyone who set foot in the restaurant.  Nancy, Erin, Lisa and my brother Mike(who had the pleasure of working with Dad yesterday) would just shake their heads and say he had been in an extra frisky mood all day.  It was good to see him in such a fantastic mood.  Attitude is everything in life...especially through the snags.

  • Snow in Wilmington, NC.
I know that there are quite a few states especially on the East Coast that would love to pummel me with a gigantic snow ball for saying this.  Regions that are breaking shovels trying to dig themselves out of their driveway.  Those who are experiencing Cabin Fever for the relentless blizzards they keep getting.  The thing is, those of us who live in Wilmington, NC never get to see this white stuff on our turf.  It was a treat watching it fall last night.

  • Hope 
I'm not superstitious, but I believe this rare happening of snow fall on Wilmington's coast to be symbolic of hope.  The spirit that I witnessed in Ferguson's yesterday gives me hope.  Our spirit, our attitude, our character is the most significant factor in prevailing in this wonderful life...our odyssey.

  • You
It has to be known that writing to you in this blog challenge has made such an impact on me in these 14 days. It has kept me focused on my mission to relish each day, even when they are difficult.  It has reminded me that  this is a journey and that each moment is part of my grand voyage.  It has connected me with you and your excellent adventures(Bill and Ted moment).  It thrills me to realize this is only the beginning.

I appreciate it all.    My Dad, the snow, this experience, you...the adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you! I have had the honor to hear you sing live in my living room and it was beautiful. Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete