Monday, February 8, 2010

InterACTION

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
"Interaction is a kind of action that occurs as two or more objects have an effect upon one another.  A closely related term is interconnectivity, which deals with the interactions of interactions within systems: combinations of many simple interactions can lead to surprising emergent phenomena. Interaction has different tailored meanings in various sciences. All systems are related and interdependent. Every action has a consequence.
Casual example of interaction outside of science include:  communication of any sort, for example two or more people talking to each other, or communication among groups, organisations, nations or states: trade, migration, foreign relations, transportation"

In just 9 days of writing, reflecting, and contemplating about my fergitude, it is astounding to see consistent themes that come up often.  In my first post, I explain that fergitude is the attitude that every day is an adventure.  The mindset that chooses to see each and every moment of your life as part of your own incredible odyssey.  The word "interaction" has been one of the themes that continues to come up.  It's like a driving force in the chronicles of my journey.

From Wikipedia above:  "Two or more objects have an effect upon one another...in which simple interactions can lead to surprising emergent phenomena.  Every action has a consequence."
Now in my words...

Every day(two or more *objects* have an effect upon one another)
is an adventure;(emergent phenomena)
the choices you make(simple interactions)
will take you down exciting paths of life.(surprising emergent phenomena)

*objects*:  each day you will come across other people, animals, etc(objects) in which you will have an effect upon one another.

When I think of interaction I think of the exchanges of information, energy, emotions that happen each and every time you cross the path of another being.  It could be standing in line at the coffee shop, during a meeting at work, sitting on a plane, dropping your child off at school, when your dog greets you at the door, at the doctor's office, in the gym, riding a horse, with your significant other,...  It could be with yourself as well(inner debates, inspiring yourself to reach a goal, memories).  It could be with yourself and an higher power(your spirituality through prayer and/or meditation).  These interactions transform us no matter how small or large they are.  When I say that every day is an adventure, that each moment is creating your odyssey...I envision the interactions playing a large role in your/my story.

InterACTION!

I can feel my adrenaline start pumping.  This is the part of the blog where we insert the Nike slogan "Just do it".  Lights!  Camera!  Action!  In this mindset...this fergitude...there is the charge to live life actively.  To take action.  To realize that my life is and can be as good as I want it to be.  As fascinating as I choose to see it.  It requires me to be present in each moment.  To seize the lessons, opportunities...the jewels.. of each day.  To engage myself.  It's easy to rely on our sitcoms, movies, books, etc to entertain us, to numb us, to overshadow the real motion picture...your/my life.

What will today's chapter/scene/episode unfold for us today?

1 comment:

  1. It is fascinating to read your blog backwards chronologically which happens after I have missed a few days and to see the story in reverse from hardship to enlightenment this way round.

    ReplyDelete